SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO GET POSTS BY EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Traditions

How is it possible that Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK? Did that sneak up on anyone else this year? Y'all know by now that it is my favorite holiday. I love that there are only three things on the agenda: cook, eat, watch football.

This year my in-laws are traveling to Texas which sounded about as appealing to us as a root canal considering the not-yet 2 1/2 year old, not-yet one year old and achy-like-an-old-man preggo B Daddy would have to drive there and back for a total of 28 hours in the car. Not happening.

We'll spend the day with my parents and sister's family. They've asked us to fry a turkey (any other fried turkey addicts out there?!) and make an apple something for dessert. My mom and sister will handle the stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese and the ever important cranberries out of a can.

Besides the food, family and football, we don't have many established Thanksgiving traditions. I have been looking for a book about the first Thanksgiving (aka Pilgrims & Indians) that I can start reading to the kids each year. Since the Squirt still doesn't sit still for a book and Sweet B is rather oblivious, I figure I can pick one up on post-Thanksgiving sale and start that tradition next year??

Do any of you have Thanksgiving traditions I need to know about? Any food dishes that absolutely make or break your Thanksgiving dinner? Dish up!!


2 comments:

  1. You have to have sugar cream pie and cocktail weenies...must haves for our Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just read this article about some Thanksgiving books for children and thought I'd pass it along:

    http://drzandfriends.com/book/november-books-of-the-month-the-first-thanksgiving/

    As for food dishes - it's not Thanksgiving without Butternut Squash casserole!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs