SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO GET POSTS BY EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Personalized Pillow Cover Tutorial


Who doesn't love a good throw pillow? I personally can't have enough of them. So here's that tutorial I promised on the easy and inexpensive (ok fine...cheap) pillow I made B Daddy for our anniversary recently.


What you'll need:
An old pillow you no longer love with removable insert
Enough fabric to cover insert (I used scrap drop cloth from my yet-to-be-finished slipcover)
X-acto blade
Freezer paper
Iron
Acrylic paint (mine was just the regular stuff, but special fabric paint is probably better, right?)


Step 1. Choose a design and print it off your computer.

Step 2. Trace design onto the matte side of your freezer paper (I think you may be able to print directly on freezer paper, but I'm no where near that clever.)

Step 3. Cut design out, making sure to save the little bits that serve as the inside of your Bs, Ds, Os, etc. (A Cricut or Silhouette would make this first part a breeze...)


Step 4. Iron freezer paper (shiny side down) onto your fabric.


Step 5. Paint! I did several quick coats to be sure I got full coverage.


Step 6. Pull off stencil while the paint is still wet and let your beauty dry.


Step 7. Sew up the sides of your fabric (I did an easy envelope closure because buttons and zippers scare me) and admire your crafty self.


P.S. I took a zillion amazing pictures of this pillow from all angles (including the front, imagine that!) but my computer and my camera are apparently not on speaking terms. I hope to remedy the problem ASAP, but use your imagination if you will. The K + B front is fantastic. :)



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs