I know I know... our fan club has been pestering us for ages as to when we were going to have another kid. Turns out April 8th is the doctor's best bet.
As of today I'm 13.5 weeks pregnant. And -oh yeah- have already gained 10 pounds. Feel free to take a second to revisit this picture to reference what I looked like 10 pounds ago. -Sigh- See you next summer waistline.
A few more details for those of you who are into this kind of thing:
- We found out I was pregnant this time the same way we found out with #2 - the sudden and inexplicable presence of a belly at week 5. Week 5 people. Yikes.
- We are TERRIBLE at natural family planning. I will no longer give advice on the subject.
- The Squirt was tasked with bringing the pregnancy test results over for Yours Truly and B Daddy to see. Neither one of us felt our legs were up for the journey from the edge of the bed to the toilet and back.
- I thought the test was negative at first.
- B Daddy informed me after my sigh of relief that two lines meant Baby.
- It took several days for me to get excited about the new resident in my belly. I hope that Baby Tres will completely get that one day.
- I have been ridiculously nauseous for the past 5 weeks and have a newfound appreciation for Zofran.
- Being ridiculously nauseous hasn't slowed my weight gain. What can I say? I'm a champion eater and will power my way through most anything.
- We are out of bedrooms at Casa Leipprandt. Baby #3 will most likely sleep in our (spacious!) closet for its first few months. I've floated the idea of renting a room for the newborn at a neighbor's... but early responses haven't been overly enthusiastic.
- I am (naively?) optimistic about the prospect of having children share rooms. It feels very Brady Bunch to me.
- If someone had told my 18 year old self that she'd have three kids in three years before she turned 30 she would have vomited or died laughing.
Most days now I can just shake my head at that control-freak of a girl who
occasionally often rises to the surface. This is the life that God is shaping for me and it is proving to be far more interesting than the neat little life I had planned out for myself.
I'm sure I'll post a belly pic or two in the coming months. We're currently taking any and all name suggestions. (But please - no need to submit anything already on this list.) The baby's sex will be announced within a month or so, but the winning name shall remain a closely guarded secret until the big day.
Say a prayer for us and then feel free to call and schedule any babysitting you'd like to do in advance. I'm sure the calendar will fill up quickly! ;)