SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO GET POSTS BY EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Weekend Away

So this past weekend B Daddy and I had the awesome privilege to head up to Sharptop Cove in the North Georgia Mountains with the high schoolers we work with at Buckhead Church.

What a blessing! The weather was perfect. Warm in the sun, cool in the shade and positively chilly at night. My favorite combination.

And the best part? No kids! :) My amazing in-laws volunteered to watch them from Friday to Sunday so we could head out and enjoy this time with our freshies. And did you catch on Facebook that #2 came down with hand, foot and mouth disease on Thursday?? Yeah. Lots of fun for Gigi and Aunt Allie. Isn't hand, foot and mouth disease the worst name for a virus EVER? I felt like she suddenly had the bubonic plague or something.

Today she's feeling much better and I've recovered from a weekend of no sleep and high school drama, so I'm debating housework or project progress during nap time. Decisions, decisions. B Daddy has put the kibosh on starting any new projects until I've finished the ones in front of me. Namely: the slipcover and car seat cover. Boo. He's no fun at all.

I think what I really need is to host an event here in the near future. Nothing motivates me like trying to impress a few guests. Remember my fancy baby food jar centerpiece?! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs