SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO GET POSTS BY EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ceiling Fan Update

Another project we knew we needed to tackle right from the start was the lighting situation in Mom's Craft Room. This room had no less than five mismatched lamps (check out the before pics...five!) all trying to make up for the lack of overhead lighting.

This was the lightless ceiling fan before (ok - during...Uncle Lee had already gotten to work by the time I whipped my camera out)


Nothing a little elbow grease couldn't handle. It was actually relatively simple to remove the bottom of the ceiling fan and add a light using an $18 ceiling fan kit from Home Depot.


And by relatively simple I do mean it looked relatively simple of course. Uncle Lee did the actual "work" part of the lighting switcheroo.


Much better already right!? While Lee was busy with the power tools, Anna and I took the fan blades outside for several quick coats of high gloss black spray paint. Had it not been 98 degrees with 199% humidity that Saturday, I think the whole shebang would have been completed in under an hour. As it was, we literally let the fan blades sit all day waiting on them to dry, until we got smart and moved them inside (on a drop cloth Dad).


For $18 (the majority of the spray paint was used on a different project, so I'm not including it in my expense tally here) this was probably the biggest bang for our buck we had out of the entire makeover. It makes a HUGE difference and enabled us to get rid of two lamps that were doing a whole lot of nothing for the aesthetics of the room.


What do you think? Are you just dying to see how it turns out? Are you amazed at how many posts I've made of a single room re-do? I'm just trying to keep you entertained at work you know. : )

6 comments:

  1. .. and you are! thanks! can't wait to see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait! I am checking multiple times a day...although I don't think my boss is as excited as I am. She did like the "Dropping the Bomb" story though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see the reveal! By the way, you need to go vote for our house on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is indeed a beautiful one. Can't wait to see when the light one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for providing such helpful post on ceiling fan.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs