SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO GET POSTS BY EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Monday, March 28, 2011

How to Drastically Improve Your Mom Life: #2

Suggestion Numero Dos: Take the first 15 minutes of nap time for yourself.

The laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dinner prep, dusting, straightening, cleaning the chicken coop, etc. can wait for just a few.

If you've had little ones for any length of time you know that they have a sixth sense for when you have just completed all the items on your to-do list and sit down to enjoy a magazine or catch up on blogs. It's a sure bet that the second your hiney hits the couch cushion a little one will cry out. And then if you're anything like me you get angry about never getting a chance to do something you WANT to do. (Which is completely untrue, but I tend to lose my head a bit each day when nap time comes to an end.)

I try (try is a key word here)  to take a break as soon as the kids are down for good each day to do something I want to do. Working out and taking a shower does not count. Sitting still is a requirement for this time for me. Sometimes I'll set the timer on my phone so I'm not cutting myself short - it's amazing how long 15 minutes of total indulgence can feel after a full morning of being Mom. And I'm usually pleasantly surprised that I still manage to get a good bit "done" before the kids get up even with this break. And perhaps maybe once or twice that 15 minutes has become 2 hours of blog stalking...but hey, everyone needs a slacker day once in a while.

Let me know if you give this a go this week! And please give me your own 'How to Drastically Improve Your Mom Life' advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs