SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO GET POSTS BY EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Thursday, March 24, 2011

E-mealz Week 2


This past week was a kind of wah-wah week for us and e-mealz. There were 2 breakfast-for- dinner type meals (which B Daddy dislikes as a rule) and they both featured eggs. If you don't know about B Daddy and eggs - you can catch up here.

I guess there wasn't a whole lot of good meat on sale at Publix? It was still super convenient and we ate at home Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, which are the nights I tend to whine about cooking since it's the weekend and I want a break.

Here's the recipe for one of my favorite meals we've had so far. It was quick, yummy and made enough for lunch the next day.

Warm Chicken Pasta Salad
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or diced
1 box pasta salad mix
1 bag romaine salad
Parmesan cheese
Olive or vegetable oil

This is so easy it's hardly a recipe. Cook the chicken (I boiled mine), cook the pasta according to the box instructions and mix with the included dressing and spices, then toss both together, serve over romaine lettuce and top with parmesan cheese.

I had no idea pasta salad mix existed and I don't think I would have ever thought to make this at home, but you can get salads like this at places like Panera or Atlanta Bread Company. The verdict? Scrumdiddlyumtious. Sorry there's no picture, I've been lazy with my camera as of late. Have you noticed?

And I know several of you who have signed up for e-mealz as well in the last month! If you have, would you take a second to comment and let everyone know how you like it (or don't) and if it's saving you money? Thanks!!


1 comment:

  1. I love pasta salad mixes! Been using them for years, but never heard of this recipe. I'm gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs